主题

好友

积分

新手上路

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-3-2 15:24:17 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Dear all mates in this forum,

it just occurred to me to come to this forum, and have read very carefully of all of the postings here. thus i have some comments and suggestions for your kind ref.

i have been doing international trade for 14 years, and proudly to be an expert in this, but now i have already switched my focus to procurement management, supply management.

the reasons are:

1.       International trade has become less important as a vertical, but rather a subsidiary to all industries. As more and more opening we are to the western world, most of the new technologies, and soft wares, ideas and idiosyncrasies have come to us. International trade is never a simply export/import agent. Luckily my experiences has been dealing with wal-mart and other retailers for the past 10 years, thus having the chances to learn from them a lot of new technologies to Chinese companies, such as CPFR, Kaizen technologies which originated from Japan, picking to light, cross docking which has distinguished wal-mart to k-mart. So under today’s’ circumstance, we must step out of the merely simple and dull international trade aspect, but to absolve more of those tech, and make them into usage, thus we can make improvements in this field, in your career, otherwise, you will never be able to be prompted to a higher level in a MNC.
2.       Today a lot of new aspects have emerged with international trade, such as quality management, esp. the 6 sigma, to realize lean production, shorter lead-time, and better quality, continuous improvement of an corp.; project management, such that all big projects should be carried out in the form and procedures of projects; supply chain management, in which strategic sourcing, procurement management, e-commerce are the most important issues to discuss. Without those competencies, my mates, you will not be expected to accelerate to a higher level.

That is life, that is true life and we must try all our best to improve ourselves, stop discussing those intern level problems and improve more of yourselves.

International trade as an industry has died, but with your own endeavor, you can get more from the related fields.

I am acting as director and deputy general manager of a MNC fortune top 10, and hope your guys will succeed in the future.

Best wishes for you.

phoenix wei
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

侠客

沙发
发表于 2005-3-27 20:19:48 |只看该作者
呵呵
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

圣骑士

招标师徽章

板凳
发表于 2005-4-2 12:32:24 |只看该作者

招标,特别是国际招标的未来

future is beautiful!
毕业几年,招标几年,应酬不酒几年!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Archiver|手机版|bbs.ebnew.com

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 04:46 , Processed in 0.057303 second(s), 20 queries .